Teaching Positions (PAID)
Sistema Tulsa actively recruits qualified applicants who can help lead areas of our program. We look for professionals with proven experience who are passionate about music education and social change. We work with educators who hold themselves to the highest standards of excellence and can inspire their students fulfill their potential. Ultimately, we look for people who can contribute to building a music education program for the 21st century. We recruit both active and substitute teachers. In general Sistema Tulsa offers:
- AFTER SCHOOL MUSIC PROGRAM
- CONSISTENT YEARLY SCHEDULE
- COMPETITIVE HOURLY RATE
- STRINGS, BAND, MUSICIANSHIP TEACHERS WELCOME
- ELEMENTARY, MIDDLE, AND HIGH SCHOOL FOCUS
- TO INQUIRE SEND E-MAIL TO KELSEYROONEY [at] BOSTONAVENUE.ORG AND JLHERNANDEZ [at] BOSTONAVENUE.ORG
NEW JOBS - CLICK ON LINK TO OPEN
SISTEMA TULSA MUSIC FUNDAMENTALS TEACHER *Posted 07/24/19 (OPEN)
VOLUNTEER POSITIONS (NON-PAID)
Sistema Tulsa volunteers are an important part of our program's success. They embody our mission and help us deliver our program in an organized and consistent manner, while providing structure for the day activities. Each volunteer can arrange their own schedule and pick activities that are aligned with their interests. We have opportunities all week long but Tuesdays and Thursdays are days with most need. Any volunteers may assist with set-up procedures, welcoming students, and monitoring as time allows. Here are a few samples:
- Elective Activity Leader - Supervise students during transition. Lead structured activity (indoor sports) during elective time for registered students. Monitor the area.
- Academic Enrichment Coach - Supervise students during transitions and during academic enrichment. Assist students with homework as needed. Monitor the area. (T/TH schedule)
- Music Practice Supervisor - Supervise students during transitions and while they practice their instruments. Monitor the area.
- Chorus Assistant - Monitor gym area prior to music module. Assist teacher in chorus classrooms. Transition with students.
- Snack Master - Prepare snacks for students. Supervise process for students to receive snack. Maintain clean kitchen and snack area.
- Room Monitor - Interact with students. Monitor the area. Assist with opening and closing procedures. Room monitor may be combined with other volunteer duties.
- Evening Ambassador - Greet parents and students. Assist with closing procedures.
TO INQUIRE SEND E-MAIL to JERISTRANGE [at] BOSTONAVENUE.ORG
Applications are accepted via traditional mail, e-mail, or in person. To submit an application, please follow the instructions as listed in the job description. *The list of duties provided job descriptions are not an exhaustive list but meant to serve as examples of possible duties. Additional duties may be determined by the Program Director. It is the policy of Boston Avenue United Methodist Church to provide all persons with equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, marital status, disability, age or Veteran Status. Employment is subject to passing a background check.